Logo

drjeff1

bladder stones (need explanation)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I’m fostering a papillon for a rescue organization. She has been on a special diet to dissolve stones. There is still a stone in her bladder and she will be having surgery to remove it. As I understand this, the remaining stone is probably of a different material than the ones that dissolved. She will be on a special diet after surgery that is supposed to prevent stones from forming. My question is if the stones are different types how can one diet (commercial) prevent all types of stones from forming.
    Thanks for any info you can give me.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=lindatoo]My question is if the stones are different types how can one diet (commercial) prevent all types of stones from forming.[/quote]

That is puzzling to me as well. The various diets are formulated to promote a specific urine pH such that the stone-forming crystals are minimized.

You (or the new owner) will likely need to adjust the diet based on the results of frequent urinalyses.

Of course the best therapeutic option, in my opinion, is to seek homeopathic care to reduce the underlying imbalance which is promoting both types of crystals.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thank you Dr. Jeff. The pap has a new home waiting for her after she recovers from the surgery. I will refer the new owner to this website and message board.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!