Logo

drjeff1

Barfy Cat

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My cat seems to vomit quite often after eating. It will happen more frequently if I spend less time at home – like she eats a lot very quickly and can’t keep it down. I have tried regulating how fast and how much she eats but she still will vomit even with a small amount of food. She’s not a small cat by any means – merging on the ‘chunky’ side of huge – and has long hair (only 2 fur balls in 7 months). Does anyone know why she would be vomiting so often after eating? Is there anything I can do to help her with it?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=MsCatherine2525]Is there anything I can do to help her with it?[/quote]

What is she eating? Any other problems? Do you have a homeopathic vet?

This symptom is likely related both to the food and to the presence of a slight internal imbalance (latent psora). A homeopathic veterinarian can definitely help in both areas.

In the meantime continue to feed smaller amounts at one time, make sure it is a meat-based, high quality food and have a vet exam including a stool examination to make sure that nothing else is going on.

Let us know how she is doing.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thanks for the response! She’s eating hairball formula dry food. She doesn’t seem to have any other problems – good coat, not much shedding, quite active for an older cat (approx 10 years old). I don’t have a homeopathic vet for her. Do you know of any in Vancouver British Columbia or how I could find one?

Thanks again for your help!!

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=MsCatherine2525] Do you know of any in Vancouver British Columbia or how I could find one?
    [/quote]

Dr. Peter Dobias is a well-trained colleague of mine up your way. Alternatively, go to [url]http://www.theavh.org[/url] for a full listing of homeopathic vets. You could even work with someone outside BC by telephone (in conjunction with your local vet).

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!