Logo

drjeff1

Appetite & Lymph Nodes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I’m not sure if this has been addressed in the past, so please bare with me.

Within the last 3 weeks to month our almost 5 (November) mixed “pound puppy” has become the most picky eater. We have switched dry food a couple of times and nothing. She will eat people food with no problem.

She was at the vet last week for a bladder infection, she seems to be feeling much better with the exception of her appetite. The vet said that her lymph nodes were swollen as well (I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary). The vet has completely freaked us out, saying that it is very serious! This is the first time this doctor has ever seen her.

I’m curious if anyone has had any other appetite / lymph node issues that were something other than cancer. If she has cancer you certainly wouldn’t know it, she’s just as much of a spitfire as ever! Tomorrow is the biopsy.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=LGReed]The vet said that her lymph nodes were swollen as well (I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary). The vet has completely freaked us out, saying that it is very serious! .[/quote]

My perspective on this situation may be a little different than that of your local veterinarian.

I do not consider enlarged lymph nodes, or high white blood cell counts or fever as being negative. Rather than being scared by these signs of immune activation I consider them to be beneficial signs that healing is under way.

Loss of appetite however is a symptom that is worrisome. It is frequently an early warning sign that there is an internal imbalance which needs to be addressed ASAP.

Your local vet might be happy if all of the bloodwork is normal and the biopsy merely shows a non-specific “reactive lymph node”. After you breathe a sigh of relief though I urge you to seek further treatment. All of the tests in the world will be negative when disease (which starts as an energetic imbalance) is at its earliest stage.

The good news is that the imbalance can be corrected at this stage and future problems prevented with homeopathic treatment. It will address the decreased appetite, the enlarged lymph nodes and the previous bladder “infection”.

Please let us know what is going on. I hope tomorrow’s procedure goes well.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!