Logo

drjeff1

Anesthetic-free tooth cleaning?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My dog had his teeth cleaned before I adopted him 5 years ago, but had terrible teeth prior to that, apparently, and has accumulated an ungodly amount of tartar on his teeth- he had it scaled, but hasn’t let his vet go near him with a scaler and because he tends to be prone to all sorts of chronic things, I am really terrified of having him anesthetized. I know that a vet tech comes sometimes to do anesthesia-free cleanings and it might be a better option for him. I don’t want him to be uncomfortable/in pain.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Hi-

Yes! Dali from HoundsTooth comes every fall and Spring (usually October and April). The schedule of her clinics change each time that she comes.

If you’d like to be added to the non-client list then please email Amy at: [email protected]

One proviso though. Since I don’t know your dog (and his mouth), realize that if his dental dis-ease has advanced such that he has deep periodontal pockets and significant gum recession, Dali may only be able to clean superficially and refer you for an anesthetic dental.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thank you. I totally understand. I’m researching things I can do to help his mouth get in better shape. Would CoQ10 be of any benefit to sore gums?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Yes! CoQ 10, Biotene (like Zymox) enzymes, Neem Bark Powder, etc. can help.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thank you. My dog is a challenge! I’m beginning to think he may have exacerbated food sensitivities to boot.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Maybe the home food allergy saliva test [url=http://nutriscan.org/]Nutriscan[/url] from Dr. Dodds can help you decide what to do.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!