Logo

drjeff1

allergies

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a black lab who has severe allergies. She is allergic to practically everything except food and water. We have been giving her a shot every three weeks for the past two years. Her shot is Allercept and contains the following; Bermuda,D.Farinae,D.Pteronyssinus,Eastern Cottonwood, Johnson Grass, June, Lambs Quarters, Orchard, Rough Pigweed, Short Ragweed, T. Putrescentiae, and Yellow Dock. All Allergens are at 20.000Pnu/ml except D. Pteronyssinus,D. Farinae and T. Putrescentiae @ 5.000 PNU/ml. I am looking for some alternatives to this, because it doesn’t seem to be giving her any relief at all. On her really bad days we give her benadryl, which at least causes her to get drowsy and get some sleep. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anonymous

I don’t know if you have found a solution yet, but our dog had severe skin allergies also. The only thing we finally found is a topical spray called “Genesis” – it does have some steroid but if used as directed I can tell you it worked wonders for our dog. Company name is Virbac and as far as I know you can only get it through your vet. I only spray him rarely now. Unfortunately our dog has now developed internal allergies which I am looking for help on. Hope this helps.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=DAVESLITTLEB]Any suggestions would be appreciated.[/quote]

A fresh food, gluten-free diet, essential fatty acids with zinc and fish oils, trace minerals, antioxidants and [b]homeopathic care[/b] should definitely help.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!