Logo

drjeff1

A sudden loss from pyometra

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hello. I’ve read with great interest on the subject of pyometra, since i just lost my dog of 7 years with that condition. First off, i know that it affects females who are about 5 to 7 years old, predominately ones who have not been spayed. About 4 days before her passing, i took her to the vet. He told me that i could have left her there, that night, for surgery, or i could have brought her in friday or saturday. In hindsight, i am feeling totally guilty over waiting for saturday morning. Do you think that time is of utmost importance, and leaving her there that night may have have saved her life? He did give me amoxicillan to give her, 2 pills, 2 times a day, but friday night was the time when she couldn’t have any food. I didn’t know any other way to give her the pills besides hiding the pill in a piece of food. I told the vet’s wife/receptionist this, and she told me that i could have given her a LITTLE bit of food, and that wouldn’t have interrupted the surgery. She also said she would give her medication before and after the surgery. Then monday morning at 2am, he calls me and tells me that she had passed on. How risky is the surgery? I’ve read on one webpage that it is very risky, almost life-threatening as the illness itself. He did not take one second to call me up and tell me of my dog’s pre-surgery or post-surgery condition, as i would have gone there to say goodbye to her, at least. Also, he never had me believing that it was a complicated situation. He seemed very easy with the fact that the dog needed surgery, and he would perform it, and she would be back home with me.

I am very devastated by her passing, and have the constant guilt waves in my head that more could have been done on my part to save her life.

I await your courteous reply…

Rick
    [email][email protected][/email]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!